Kitsap’s idyllic setting and close proximity to the metro Seattle area makes Tourism one of Kitsap County’s top economic drivers. Here are a few reasons why tourists love Kitsap and why so many mainlander’s make Kitsap their weekend home.
- Easy access – a scenic 30-60 minute ferry ride from downtown Seattle on multiple ferry routes! (Riding Washington’s ferry system is Washington State’s #1 tourist activity!)
- Picturesque towns with walkable, active, and enticing main street shopping districts
- Abundant variety of locally-owned shops, pubs, coffee shops, bakeries, and restaurants
- Award-winning micro breweries, wineries and distilleries draw locals and tourists and visitors and friends enjoy libations directly from the people who craft them
- Nationally recognized specialty foods like Mora Ice Cream (voted one of the top ten ice creams in the US!) and CB’s Nuts which are roasted locally and distributed nationally
- Rich and varied cultural history: Poulsbo (Little Norway) celebrates it’s Norwegian heritage with numerous festivals throughout the year, and Kitsap’s native tribes celebrate and their culture with annual events including Chief Seattle Days and the Tribal Canoe Journey
- Resort and conference centers with breathtaking water views and scenery, and the capacity to accommodate groups from 10 to 4,300
- World class casinos and resorts offer plenty of nightlife entertainment options
- Spectacular wedding venues with natural surroundings so beautiful they make every wedding picture perfect!Sunny summers, numerous marinas and 270- miles of pristine saltwater shoreline make Kitsap one of the world’s best destinations for kayaking, sailing and fishing
- Beautiful award winning golf courses attract national and regional tournaments
- Outdoor enthusiasts flock to Kitsap and the Olympic Peninsula for hiking, backpacking, camping and horseback riding
- First class museums that offer something for everyone – art lovers, children, and history buffs. (The Naval Undersea Museum is the only one of its kind in the US.)
- An active and engaging arts community offers art walks and studio tours, a wide variety of galleries, local and regional theater, and summer arts and crafts shows
- World famous botanical gardens and nurseries attract garden enthusiasts
- Friendly and welcoming residents who welcome the opportunity to share their love for the place that they live!
Kitsap offers a variety of activities for all ages … come see us today!
Visit these websites for more information: