Seattle and the Puget Sound Region is a hotbed of technology innovation. Think Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and Nintendo. Technology touches every part of our daily lives – personally and in business. Software, hardware, mobile devices, call centers, new innovations, creative uses of databases and much more describe the work done by Kitsap County technology firms.
As part of the tech savvy Seattle region and a tech heavy US Navy, Kitsap boasts a workforce attuned to the technology driven world we live in. Additionally, opportunities to increase technology knowledge range from preschool to college.
- Olympic College offers programs resulting in certificates and degrees in the tech sector:
- GIS Technology — Certificate of Completion
- Technical Design — Associate in Technical Arts; Certificate of Proficiency
- Mechanical Technology – Certificate of Proficiency; Certificate of Completion
- Computer and Electrical Pre-Engineering – Associate of Science
- Computer Information Systems Information Systems Specialist – Associate in Applied Science
- Network Support Technician – Certificate of Proficiency
- CIS Technical Support – Certificate of Proficiency
- Western Washington University on the Peninsulas offers a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer and Information Systems Security at WWU Degrees CISS Peninsulas
- Western’s CISS degree builds upon the knowledge and experience gained from your AAS-T degree in Information Systems Specialist, Security at Olympic College or your AAS-T degree in Cybersecurity and Computer Forensics at Peninsula College
- West Hills S.T.E.M Academy has an increased focus on Science, Technology, Engineering and Math from preschool through 8th grade
- West Sound Stem Network is a collaborative effort working toward student success in STEM. This effort involves schools, nonprofits, businesses and others to drive innovation and improvements in STEM learning and teaching.
- Every school district in Kitsap County has an active STEM element – Click here for more information.
Kitsap Technology Quick Facts:
- Applied Technical Systems -ATS, Inc. based in Silverdale, is currently working on making the US patent office work more efficiently
- Taqtile, also on Bainbridge Island, creates innovative smart phone applications, such as the 2013 Presidential Inauguration App
- Paladin Data Systems serves clients in all 50 states offering a portfolio of cloud based products and services, including SMARTGOV, a community development program delivering 24/7 access to civic services
- 65 technology firms have established locations in Kitsap County employing over 2000 technology workers
- Technology in Kitsap is closely connected to the Department of Defense, with $16.5 million in contracts since FY2012
Technology firms find like-minded innovators and creative problem solvers here in Kitsap. Click below to hear from them and visit these organizations to learn how you can be part of the growing industry in Kitsap.
Visit these organizations to learn how you can be part of the growing industry in Kitsap.
Learn more about Washington State’s spirit of innovation: