KITSAP COUNTY: Fulfilling needs of aerospace & defense industries in the Seattle Region: proximity, workforce, infrastructure & experience!
|2017 PAS Booklet – Complete|
Accessibility to complex supply chain: Proven success in supplying multifaceted defense sector
Multi-mode access to markets: Close proximity to Boeing and to rail, deep water ports, airfields and interstate highway system in uncongested traffic areas
Workforce: Anchored by Naval Base Kitsap and tenant commands such as the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard/Intermediate Maintenance Facility and NAVFAC NW, Kitsap’s resident workforce, education and training systems support expansion in aerospace and defense related industries.
Land: Grounded by 3,400 greenfield acres surrounding Bremerton National Airport, zoned and prepped for development, Kitsap County has the largest developable industrially zoned site in Puget Sound, plus there are numerous other properties and facilities throughout the County.
Largest heavy industrial greenfield site in the Puget Sound Region with adjacent airport
- 3,000+ acres surrounding Bremerton National Airport
- Conceptual plan for 60,000 – 200,000 SF buildings available
- 2014 Bremerton National Airport Taxiway and Apron Improvements Project
- Puget Sound Industrial Center – Bremerton (PSIC – Bremerton)
- 25 miles from Tacoma
- 50 miles from Renton
- Additional sites available throughout Kitsap County
Skilled and flexible workforce with state of the art training
- Kitsap’s Olympic College (OC) one of 11 community and technical colleges in WA state sharing $20 million Air Washington grant. OC’s Air Washington programs include career pathways in:
- Composites Manufacturing (Offering Certificate of Completion in Composites Manufacturing Technology)
- Manufacturing Technology – Precision Machining (Offering two certificates of completion – 1) Principles of Precision Machining; 2) Manufacturing Technology; and a Certificate of Recognition
- Electronics (Offering Associate in Technical Arts; Certificate of Proficiency; and two certificates of recognition in Exploring Electronics and Electronics). One of only 44 colleges and universities accredited nationally by the FAA as a certified member of the “Technical Operations – Collegiate Training Initiative Program” (TO-CTI)
- Kitsap County has expanded STEM training and experiences throughout county including an aviation classroom experience (February 2014)and magnet STEM school
- Accredited mechanical engineering program at Olympic College in cooperation with WSU
Transfer of skills from the defense sector (large population of retired and separated military workforce)
- High retention rate attributed to Kitsap’s housing, recreation, healthcare and educational opportunities
Top employer-led advanced manufacturing apprenticeship program in the state – easily replicable
Lifestyle: Kitsap’s livability is the reason so many Boeing and Seattle area workers commute from the “other side” of Puget Sound, why so many military families settle here after being stationed in other parts of the country, and why people who love both the urban attributes of Seattle and the pristine wilderness of the Olympic Peninsula choose to live here.
Visit Kistapaerospace.com for more information
See Why Kitsap Works for Aerospace!
WA 6th Congressional District
Rep. Derek Kilmer
City of Bremerton
Mayor Patty Lent
KEDA Executive Director
Captain,US Navy (Ret.)