Trends and observations:
- Among the 70 private firms that indicated a total of 50 or more employees, the sectors showing growth over the 2011 numbers were healthcare and manufacturing.
- Going back ten years, healthcare shows an increase in employment as well as government contracting.
- DoD numbers (civilian and military) increased from 2011 to 2013 by 696. That number from 2003 has increased by 9,142.
- Other public sector areas showing an increase were the City of Port Orchard, Port Gamble S’Klallam Tribe, Suquamish Tribe and KPUD #1.
- Areas showing a decrease from 2011 to 2013 were healthcare and government contracting.
- There was no significant area showing a decrease from 2003 to 2013, with the decreases spread fairly evenly among the sectors.
- Public sector employers that decreased number of employees from 2011 to 2013 include the City of Bainbridge Island, Central Kitsap School District, North Kitsap School District, Bremerton School District and Kitsap Regional Library.
The survey is produced from an online survey and phone inquiries from the KEDA offices
|Top Private Employers||Top Public Agencies & Military|
|Top Employers – Healthcare||Top Employers – Defense|
|Top Employers – Manufacturing||Top Employers – Professional Services|