The KEDA work plan incorporates four areas of focus. Specific objectives are met by these activities:
· Marketing and Business Recruitment
· Business Retention & Expansion
· Product Development
· Community Relations & Public Policy
What is Economic Development?
Economic development is a vital activity. It is the means by which new “outside” dollars are brought into the community thereby creating greater wealth. This is achieved by:
· Retention, expansion and recruitment of "primary" jobs
· New capital investment
· Attracting visitors to spend money in the community
Economic developers work with elected officials and community partners to strengthen any gaps in the community. The outcome is:
· Higher quality public services
· More job opportunities
· Better schools
· Protection from economic downturns
Economic Development is Everybody’s Business!
The Kitsap Economic Development Alliance is ready to help you with the important, complex task of operating a new, relocating or expanding business.
The KEDA is embarking on steps to better set the table for economic development and realize our vision by:
· Expediting land use and permitting county-wide
· Supporting the Prosperity Partnership regional efforts
· Positioning the West Sound as the place to live, work and play
· Diversifying our economy
· Showcasing Kitsap businesses
· Supporting workforce development
Products and Services
Building and Site Selection Assistance
State and Local Tax Information
Inter-Agency Liaison Services
All services are provided in a confidential manner at no cost.
* A primary business is defined as one receiving the majority of its revenue by selling its goods or services to clients and customers outside Kitsap County.