Our Economic Development Alliance delivers value to the market and earns the support of our investor partners by executing an action-orientated business retention, expansion and recruitment strategy throughout Kitsap County. Working with its investors and many strategic partners, KEDA orchestrates a collaborative, maximum effort to leverage Kitsap’s assets to attract investment, create primary jobs, and advance economic opportunities throughout Kitsap County.
BUSINESS RETENTION & EXPANSION — Expand market development activity and generate sales opportunities for Kitsap businesses
- Provide direct business assistance via; training and counseling, notification of business opportunities (social media/email/newsletters/website), custom research, site visits, and by responding to challenges, and by improving coordination of services with other agencies and local jurisdictions
- Expand PTAC (Procurement Technical Assistance Center) services via increased workshop & forum opportunities, one-on-one assistance and Biz Ops newsletters
- Expand KADA (Kitsap Aerospace & Defense Alliance) outreach by contacting and educating advanced local advanced manufacturing businesses regarding opportunities in expanding regional aerospace industries
BUSINESS RECRUITMENT — Leverage Kitsap’s role in the Greater Seattle Region to enhance efforts around near-term growth opportunities in existing and emerging primary clusters. (Military Defense Cluster, Maritime and Advanced Manufacturing, Emerging Technologies, and Aerospace)
- Pursuing targeted firms in each cluster via outreach to firms and site consultants
- Participate in in regional trade shows/events
- Targeted marketing
2016 COMP PLAN UPDATES
Working closely with KEDA’s public partners, provide support and input on economic development elements for county and city comp plans. Conduct outreach on behalf of public partners by posting updates and requests for input on KEDA website and newsletter, utilizing social media accounts, and presenting information at public events.
KEDA will solicit specific input from the business community by surveying constituents on issues critical to commerce: workforce; transportation; land use policy and regulation; and, overall business climate.
MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS/EVENTS — Promote Kitsap as a prime Puget Sound business location via new KEDA website, Kitsap Connected marketing campaign, social media, monthly newsletters and annual events
How do we do all this? Through Public/Private Partnerships and investments like yours:
KEDA is a Private/Non-Profit 501(c)(6) corporation – made possible by public contract and private business investment.
Are you invested in Kitsap’s economic future?