Bloomberg Government has identified the top 20 opportunities for which a final request for proposal may be released in fiscal 2017, which ends on Sept. 30.
The analysis finds:
- The 20 major federal opportunities total $196 billion
- The Defense Department has 11 opportunities; civilian agencies have nine
- Despite parity in the number of opportunities, the Defense Department has the most lucrative deals with nine of the top 10
- Army leads with five opportunities but the General Services Administration (GSA) and Navy have the most programs
- Nearly all contracts are recompetes
- The majority of the top 20 programs are multiple-award contracts