Ben Anderson, Art Anderson Associates, elected Chair for Kitsap Economic Development Alliance Board of Directors
The Kitsap Economic Development Alliance celebrated 2015, looked forward to 2016 and beyond and elected new members to their board of directors at the March 30, 2016 Annual Meeting. The elections also included a new officer slate of:
- Ben Anderson, Art Anderson Associates – KEDA Board Chair
- Monica Blackwood, Rice Fergus Miller – KEDA Board Vice Chair
- Nathan Evans, ATS – KEDA Treasurer
Ben Anderson marks the continued service of Art Anderson Associates in KEDA leadership. Ben is the current CEO for the firm started by his grandparents and he took over the helm from his father, Eric Anderson, five years ago. All three generations have been involved in the growth and economy of the Bremerton and Kitsap economies with their engineering and defense contract services.
Steve Politakis, Kitsap Bank, continues as a member of the executive committee as immediate past chair. Steve was thanked for his leadership the past four years.
A highlight of the meeting included a KEDA perspective as seen by three clients:
- Lydia Wilson, KLB Enterprises. Lydia noted “KEDA has helped me see that my vision for my business is achievable”.
- Bob Richardson, SuperCritical Technologies. Bob stated “we selected Kitsap for all the right reasons – including the very strong support we have received from the community, the Port of Bremerton, The City of Bremerton, and the Kitsap Economic Development Alliance – and we are excited about our future in this community!”
- Julie Tappero, West Sound Workforce. Julie said “KEDA has pushed me to do things I didn’t think possible and make connections I would never had made on my own”.
KEDA also presented the Lifetime Achievement Economic Development Award to Russell Steele, CEO, Port Madison Enterprises. Click here to read more.
Kitsap Bank, Western Washington University, Kitsap Peninsula Business Journal and The Clubhouse at McCormick Woods sponsored the annual event. Copies of the 2015 Annual Report and the 2016 Work Plan are available at www.kitsapeda.org/aboutus.